General Conference & Research Symposium
The 49th Annual NAAEE Conference and 17th Annual Research Symposium was held virtually.
- Events were scheduled between Monday, October 5 and Friday, October 16. All times referenced are in the Eastern time zone.
Please note: The Research Symposium requires a separate registration fee.
What's the difference between the conference and the Research Symposium?
- For nearly five decades, NAAEE has convened one of the leading annual conferences for environmental education professionals, designed to promote innovation, networking, learning, and dissemination of best practices.
- The annual Research Symposium, held in advance of the conference, attracts new and established researchers to examine in-progress EE research, explore the current state and future directions of environmental education research, and advance the use of practices proven to be effective.
Separate registration is required for the Annual Conference and Research Symposium >
Registration, Fees, and Scholarships
How do I register?
Register here >
- If you need help with your registration, please email Alicia Dimaio at Alicia@dimaioonline.com.
- If you need to pay offline, please call Briggs Burton at 202-419-0412.
How much is registration?
Can I access the conference content after the live event?
- Yes! The Research Symposium and Conference recorded sessions are available for one year (until September 2021) on the Whova mobile app, with 24/7 on-demand access to most sessions and content. Your regular registration will allow this full access throughout this period.
- A recording of Dr. Ibram X. Kendi's keynote, “How to be Antiracist” on October 14, was available on-demand October 14–21, 2020.
- A recording of Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson’s plenary, “Ocean Conservation, Climate Justice, and Education” on October 15, was available on-demand October 15-22, 2020.
- All pre-conference workshops and eePRO and Affinity Group meetings were not recorded.
Continuing Education Hours (CEHs)
- Continuing education hour certificates will be available through the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point. To request an official CEH certificate, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAAEE is providing live captioning for most featured sessions and automated captions for all concurrent sessions through Otter.ai. Transcripts will be made available via a link in the session description in Whova.
Please note: Transcribed by Otter.ai, an automated transcription service. Please note that because this transcription is automatically generated with artificial intelligence software, errors are present.
How can I see captions?
Where can I find transcripts?
- You can locate the session transcript on the session page under "Resources and Feedback." Sessions were transcribed by Otter.ai, an automated transcription service. Please note that because transcription was automatically generated with artificial intelligence software, errors are present. Post-conference recordings of sessions do not have transcripts. Closed captioning is available on the recordings.